All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children and ensure that they-
- Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails, taking bath daily, brushing teeth twice daily and develop timely towel habits regularly.
- Exercise, Yoga, Meditation daily.
- Get adequate sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Consume balanced diet, rich in protein and milk.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid eatables from vendors outside the school.
- Children at least once every year. Have dental and ophthalmic check up done once every year.
- Immunize children with -(i) BC
(iii) Oral Polio
(vi) Hepatitis B
(xi) chicken pox
- Fill up the history of you ward's illness (in school almanac) along with the treatment being taken in the almanac.
- Students suffering from any one of the following disease must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class-
a) Chicken pox : Till complete falling of the scabs.
b) Cholera : Till the child is completely well.
c) Measles : Two weeks after the rash disappears.
d) Mumps : Till the swelling subsides.
e) Whooping cough : Six weeks.
f) Jaundice : Six weeks after recovery.
g) Typhoid : Two or more weeks.
- Student suffering from infectious disease like conjunctivitis, dermatitis, and scabies should not be sent to school till they recover completely.
- Students suffering from chronic disease like a Asthma, Epilepsy, Rheumatic heart disease etc. are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a specialist Doctor.
- History of their illness must be filled up in the Almanac along with the treatment being taken.
- A child returning to school after recovering from an infection disease must produce a fitness certificate from a doctor and give a photo copy of the same to the class teachers.